Redesigned and rearchitected internal people site used daily by over 400,000 employees globally to help them forge more meaningful connections, faster.
Scope adjustment • Project plan did not consider complexity of information environment or the context within its ecosystem. We discussed with the client and adjusted it. • Many primary personas • Extremely diverse, global user base with differing needs meant choosing research and testing participants wisely • Limited research • Limited body of information on user needs and behavior necessitated additional research • High team turnover • Risks associated with knowledge transfer
UX design, research, and information architecture.
Content strategy • Designed and conducted content audit • User research • Designed and wrote research study • Defined recruiting criteria • Designed and wrote screeners • Conducted interviews • Synthesized research • Created and moderated open card sort • Information architecture • Taxonomy • Wireframes • User flows • Interaction design • Usability testing
Paper, Pencil, and Brain • Printer & Scissors • Omnigraffle • Invision • Adobe Illustrator • Photoshop • InDesign • Excel • PowerPoint • SurveyMonkey • Adobe Cloud Library
We interviewed employees of different roles and levels all over the world to determine their needs
We audited the content of the site, consulted our personas and research, and created a framework within which human connections could thrive.
I set the wireframes up in a modular framework so that the design could be done in a more agile, modular process throughout the project, all the way to visual design and beyond.
The visual designer and I strategized and set up a speedy process using Adobe Cloud library where I uploaded wireframes of modules, then she transformed them into visual designs.
We took input from the client in a workshop, which helped contribute to a beautiful prototype.
We tested the prototype with employees, using mostly remote moderated testing. My contributions included:
The design went to development.
Because we did not have access to developers on this project, we ensured that the specs were laid out precisely and with clear documentation. As a result, when the site went live, we found that it functioned exactly as specified.