IA Conference 2020
New York, NY - Remote
03.2019 - Present
- Lead vision, implementation and management of international conference in its 21st year, to in April 2020.
- Manage sponsorship, curation and speaker experience teams (14 total), orchestrating timelines and facilitating teamwork.
- Promote and emcee conference.
Senior UX Design Consultant
03.2019 - 08.2019
- Collaborated with multidisciplinary teams to redesign the B2B experience for admins setting up Concur for the first time.
- Designed, ran and facilitated a 2-day multidisciplinary internal design thinking workshop to help stakeholders align on a strategic direction for the implementation journey of the small business product.
- Work on cross-functional team to define success metrics and desired instrumentation, then structure ensuing design work to achieve success in these areas.
IA Conference 2019
05.2018 - 03.2019
- Manage the processes of session submission, peer reviewing, and curating session proposals.
- Help architect the conference's new process and direction for content selection and curation.
- Lead six-member curation team on schedule creation and decision process on track themes and ensuring that all milestones are met.
Curation Manager, 2014, 2015, and 2016 IA Summits
Sep 2013 - present
- Managed the processes of submitting, peer revieweing, and curating session proposals.
- Responsible for leading six-member curation team on schedule creation and decision process on track themes and ensuring that all milestones were met.
Service & Interaction Design Specialist
Oct 2015 - Present
- Helped clients figure out what is truly meaningful to their customers, then build it.
- Strategically applied design thinking and user-centered design methods to service design challenges in a variety of industries.
- Regularly designed and conducted workshops and ethnographic research studies to identify design direction.
- Created journey maps, design systems, pattern libraries, information architecture frameworks, interaction designs, and other artifacts along a strategic path to realize design visions.
Independent UX Consultant
Jan 2015 - Oct 2015
- Provided UX consulting services across UX disciplines, with specialties in information architecture and interaction design.
- Collaborated with Factor Firm on usability testing for a complex software ecosystem.
- Consulted for Swirl on client project.
UX Designer, Kindle
Nov 2013 - Dec 2014
- Lead designer on Kindle Direct Publishing platform.
- Orchestrated and executed redesign of Kindle Direct Publishing, including adding major features to existing publishing flow.
- Responsible for all stages of the design process, including (but not limited to) UX strategy, information architecture, interaction design, usability testing, and UI design.
Designer-in-Residence, UX Design Immersive (UXDi)
6.2013 – 9.2013
- Collaborated with instructors Christina Wodtke and Aynne Valencia to pioneer new UXDi course curriculum.
- Lectured on various topics, including mobile UX, interaction design, Axure, and Omnigraffle.
- Coached and advised students individually and on group projects.
Senior Information Architect
Aug 2011 – Nov 2013
Clients include: Pfizer, H&R Block, ExxonMobil, Alcon/CIBA Vision, Nickelodeon, Hiscox, and Sallie Mae.
- Headed UX on redesigns and new mobile, desktop and responsive experiences. This entailed UX strategy, competitive analyses, concept models, site maps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and content strategy.
- Led complete redesign of ExxonMobil's B2B marketing material delivery system across 10 permission levels and roles.
- Designed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Comic-con 2012 campaign game experience and its centerpiece mobile site.
Jr. Interaction Designer
House Party, INC.
Apr 2010 – Jul 2011
Worked on a team of three UX designers at social media-based word-of-mouth marketing company to redesign core consumer-facing event platform experience and existing internal user experiences.
- Created prototypes, wireframes, flows, site maps, user stories and content inventory for complete site redesign.
- Led and conducted internal stakeholder research to find inefficiencies in CMS UI and email deployment processes.
Business Development, Private Wealth Management
The Bank of New York Mellon
Dec 2008 – May 2009
- Worked on small team of sales directors and portfolio managers performing analytical and marketing activities.
- Performed client portforlio analyses and used this data to create sales presentations showcasing recommendations tailored to the specific needs of each client.
Member, Client Advisory Team
Oct 2008 – Dec 2008
- Performed investment research and worked with clients at boutique wealth management firm.
- Authored research articles, including one on behavioral finance which was used as CIO's keynote at annual investor conference.
Analyst, Commodities Operations
Goldman Sachs/Tuttle Agency
Jan 2007 – Apr 2008
- Managed operational risk and client relationships through OTC commodities trade confirmation across all commodities.
- Advised on project to redesign transaction flow for identifying and reconciling power trades.
Freelance professional oboist
Sep 2000 – Mar 2007
Performed in orchestras, chamber ensembles and music videos in Los Angeles, New York and New Jersey.